Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Maybe I will always just be the Anna.

Okay, this is the last blog I am going to post on this topic. It's gotta be or else I will get super redundant.

In the show The OC there is a character by the name of Anna Stern. She is a great character with a lot to offer. She's funny. She's smart. She knows how to listen. She's genuinely a good person. Now, I'm not saying I am exactly like her, nor that it is a bad thing to be like her. What I'm saying is I've come to be her in the sense of her relationship with the shows comedic relief lead character Seth Cohen.

Seth Cohen in fact is a boy after my own heart, much like this boy I've found to grow increasingly fond of in my everyday life. Well in the show, Anna comes about by chance and becomes friends with Cohen much as it should be.

She finds herself giving him advice to reach the heart of his dream girl Summer, that he has always longed for. All along, hiding that she is crazy about him. Knowing she is the certain underdog in the situation. She keeps it buried deep.

Now where my situation differs. My real life Cohen, doesn't even notice me, I mean we're good friends but I don't think I get to him as much as Anna gets to Seth. I'm becoming more of a out of sight out of mind friendship. I continue to fall hard and he forgets me more everyday.

Anna eventually gets to Cohen and he sees her true beauty. But his heart never turns away from his Summer. And Anna is left in the dust.

This is where we parallel once again.
I must make the decision to sit and take it. Or to take the Anna move, right a note and leave on a plane, to get myself away. I don't know. Will I ever be that Summer he is looking for? I'm doubtful.

The "Summer" he dreams of is, Beautiful, Unique, and Everything I'm not.

Instead I am average, and just invincible.

So that's that. I must move on.


THE END. Literally and Figuratively

No comments:

Post a Comment