Thursday, April 9, 2009

exhaustion, or so i think

Can i really complain about my life as much as i do? it is kind of ridiculous. How can I really say I have a hard rough life, when there are 3rd world countries out there. Man I mean I need to get a clue.

I am sick of living such a self-centered, superficial, spoiled life. Not saying I'm out of control nor that there shouldn't be some consideration of self, but at the same time, what's the matter with me.

I'm starting a new way of living, or trying my hardest at least. Time to push myself to the limits. Out of my comfort zone. I need to make an effort to do something nice for someone everyday. even the smallest thing. Could be as small as helping a kind old woman at a grocery store with her cart, to lending myself to do some service to others, just to make their day easier.

Can I do it, who knows, I sure hope I'm not that small of a person.


1 comment:

  1. i feel the same way too.
    most days i make myself remember how lucky i am
    for i have such amazing friends and a supportive family and things could be a lot worse and i need to stop complaining about a lack of material
    things and just enjoy the moment.

    you know that saying
    when at the dinner table and parents tell kids to eat all the food on the plate because children in other countries don't have food made me feel so guilty at 10 years old.

    I need to do more thou
    then just type or talk about it.

    I like your blog!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete