Monday, May 18, 2009

Got lost.

So lately, with the world continuing to be a craze of a mess, I have decided to take up reading again. Which, may sound silly, but I have never really been much of a reader. (I'm a movie person)

BUT, as quick as the craving to leap into the crisp light paiges of a book came upon me, was the speed of how fast I found myself falling inlove with the art of writing. Not necessarily saying ME writing, because it goes with out saying, it's not my forte.

I've just found a world of peace with reading a good book. I found the phrase "getting lost" in a book to become something extremely true. I sit down open to the paige I left off and read from the moment I get the chance until something comes in and interupts my world of imagination created by the words of another. Thats something I've found the world likes to do.

I've found a new love and I can't get away. One book to the next. I know it may be me hiding from my own reality. But, my goodness how brilliant is the fact that just walking into a library or book store or even a small personal library holds SO many stories, SO many lifes, heartbreaks, adventures, tragities, and even advice.

Something about it just fascinates me and saddens me to see its a dying art, and people and generations are loosing touch with it. Please internet generation, take a day off, go get a good book, sit down at a park, in the quietness of your own house, the beach or where ever you may find your own private get away and escape into a book. Feel each of the characters, and you will suprised by the intamicy a book can hold to you.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I love nerdfighters.

    They find the balance between internet life, and literary importance.

    :)

    ReplyDelete